What information we collect:
We may collect and store the following information when a visitor completes a survey, submits a webform, registers for an event, or signs up for newsletters:
- contact information including email address
VisitOldTownLafayette.com servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- Web pages requested
- Referring web page
- Browser used
- Date and time
VisitOldTownLafayette.com does not associate this data to individual user identities.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- To send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting, in order to keep you informed of special events, public service programs, or when businesses are extending offers on activities, attractions, dining, and shopping within Old Town Lafayette.
- Contact information from a webform may also be used to send material relating to the [event/purpose] for which it was collected.
- To identify users accessing secure content, and to pre-fill forms with information about the user submitting the form.
- Use of browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special events conducted by the City/LURA to be held in Old Town Lafayette, trip ideas, or other information about visitor attractions and activities within Old Town Lafayette that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for City/LURA market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Distribution of collected information:
We will not disclose to any thirdparty, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law. We will not distribute or sell your personal information to any third-party organizations. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Privacy Statement revisions:
This Privacy Statement was last revised on January 1, 2022. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website. If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our website for a period of time after the change is made.